Monday, March 30, 2009

Countdown to Andrew Bird!

Only 4 more sleeps! I am giddy beyond belief to see Andrew Bird on Friday at the Queen Elizabeth Theater! I got tickets for part of our anniversary present and we've been waiting patiently since February for this show. And now it's almost here! Love his music and energy, his mad whistling skills and the way he plays violin. He's one of those people that simply makes you think, yup, he was born to do that and share it with lots and lots of people.

Here he is on Letterman, singing Fitz and the Dizzyspells from his latest album, Noble Beast. You can listen to an NPR interview with Andrew Bird, as well as the entire album here. And while I'm on the subject, I should take a minute to rave about NPR's: All Songs Considered. Weekly podcasts about what's new and exciting in music. A great kick off to the week.

Now back to Bird. 4 more sleeps!!!!



I also love these photographs of him by Cameron Wittig. The lighting, the mood, the simplicity, the setting, it all really pleases me. I do love a good portrait and I think Wittig has made some truly beautiful pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment