Sunday, November 15, 2009

To the movies!

I've been sick all weekend so I'm filling my time reading, sleeping, sulking, drinking soooo much tea, watching movies and blockbuster movie trailers. Who doesn't like a good blockbuster every now and then? Here's what looks good to me.
*Double click on the video to view full screen*

Love Roald Dahl, love this book, love Wes Anderson and his humour, perspective, casting, set design..everything. I'm beyond excited for Fantastic Mr. Fox! It looks like such a work of art. The amount of time and detail that went into this film is incredible. There was a great article about Wes Anderson in The New Yorker a few weeks ago. Comes out soon, November 25!


I'm eagerly awaiting The Young Victoria. Emily Blunt is supposed to be astonishing in this role. December 18.


Sherlock Holmes looks funny and creepy at the same time. And who better to play him than Robert Downey Jr? December 25.


The Road looks less fun, but I still want to see it. Though I should probably read the book first. It's been sitting on my bookshelf for months. I've heard it is brilliant but depressing, seeing as it's about the end of the world and all. November 25.


Alice in Wonderland starring Johnny Depp directed by the crazy genius that is Tim Burton....YES! March 2010.


And of course I will pay to see Salt, starring that very pretty lady whose name I can't quite remember. Summer 2010.


For something easy and funny there is It's Complicated. Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin...done and done. December 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment